Saturday, October 9, 2010

2nd Trimester and already ready to pop

I'm 25 weeks today...and I'm measuring at over 38 weeks.  I'm completely out of breath more often than not, my back hurts and I'm more than happy to go to bed at 8pm.

So, I knew that having twins would take a "little more" out of you but never did I ever imagine that it would take this much out of me.

The boys are totally taking advantage of my slower moving.  Don't want to get dressed?  Just run.  I'll never catch them.  I'm relying on my husband more and more to help me get the kids up and ready in the morning (my daughter and my older son both go to school).

Some days I feel like I can conquer the world...and other days I feel totally conquered.  I hate sitting for too long because then it hurts my back...but I cannot stand for too long because that hurts too.  I go to the chiropractor several times a week and have a "call and show" thing going on.  But, I always feel so much better when I leave and I prefer to go in the evenings and it helps me sleep better.

And, sleep...ahhhh...sleep.  I have 3 kids that all sleep fitfully through the night and I cannot.  Why?  Because my belly is so big and it's harder to get comfortable.  Sometimes I finally get comfortable and then I get massive heart burn...so the only way to get sleep some nights is by sleeping in the recliner...but then it hurts my back...I find myself wanting the babies born sooner than later.  I sometimes wonder how in the world I'm going to make it to January.

But, then there are the good things.  My husband does a lot more housework.  :)  Always a plus!  And my kids are having fun listening to the babies' heartbeats...and guessing which end is up.  They give me names (Yes, Elmo was suggested, as was Diego LOL) and they all kiss my belly.  I am amazed at how much anyone can love a little soul they have never met.

The other day, I was sitting down with my feet up and my youngest crawls into my lap and laid against my belly, tired and ready for a nap.  The twins didn't care for the crunch and starting kicking, punching and he sits on my belly and taps them back and then lays on my belly again and laughs as they kick and punch against him.

And then there are the days where I feel completely overwhelmed with the thought of having 5 kids running around the house (4 of them age 4 and under).  But, I'm constantly reminded that things always have a way of working themselves out.  I sit on the deck and watch the kids play together.  How they fight, but protect and watch out for each other.  How they are close and yet their own person and I am reassured that while the first 6 months may be the hardest, the rest of my life will be spent in awe at the amount of sharing, fighting, compassion, protection and love that they'll show each other.  I look at larger families and know that my kids will have the love of many and they'll never be alone.  I look ahead to the future and see the immense amount of love...and I can't help but smile and feel completely blessed.

Life is definitely good.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Glad you are still able to see the good through the difficulties. I hope you have a relatively easy delivery and healthy babies!

    ReplyDelete